Moira Foodshare is a community-based welfare program that people in need may access to obtain Food Hampers to help them through tough times. This service is FREE. Food is donated from Foodbank Victoria (based in Melbourne), organisations in the region and individuals.
Food hampers are available to anyone in need throughout the region. We support farmers, single parent families, people who are out of work or individuals and families just finding the going tough from time-to-time. Volunteers and staff will discreetly provide you and your family members with a substantial food hamper that will last you around a week. This will be made up from current food stocks which do vary from time-to-time. Most of the products are non-perishable items. These are supported by fresh fruit and vegetables that are provided regularly.
Food vouchers are accessed by referring agencies in both Cobram and Yarrawonga. Both locations have a shop front they operate from.
How can I obtain a Food Voucher to access Moira Foodshare?
To obtain assistance from Foodshare you will need to contact one of the following agencies:
- St Vincent De Paul, Main Street, Cobram. Tel. (03) 5872 1737
- Cobram Community House, Punt Road, Cobram. Tel. (03) 5872 2224
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau, 63 Punt Road, Cobram. Tel. (03) 5871 2174
In Cobram Moira Foodshare is located in Charles Street and is open between 2 pm and 3 pm (Monday to Friday).
- St. Vincent De Paul, Belmore Street, Yarrawonga. Tel. (03) 5744 3083
- Yarrawonga Community Health Centre, Piper Street, Yarrawonga. Tel. (03) 5743 8500
In Yarrawonga Moira Foodshare is located next to the Yarrawonga Hospital in Lynch Street and is open between 2 pm and 3 pm (Monday to Friday).
Can I obtain a Food Voucher if I live in another town?
Yes. If you live in or near one of the following towns you can obtain a Food Voucher from any of the following Referring Agencies:
- St. Vincent De Paul, 34 Jerilderie Street, Jerilderie. Tel. (03) 5886 1697
- St. Vincent De Paul, Corcoran Street, Berrigan. Tel. (03) 5885 2010
- St. Vincent De Paul, Finley. Tel. 0408 831 911
- St. Vincent De Paul, Tocumwal. Tel. 0439 099 050
- St. Vincent De Paul, Melville Street, Numurkah. Tel. (03) 5862 2650
- Community House Nathalia, Nathalia. Tel. (03) 5866 2879
The operations of Moira Foodshare are co-ordinated by our Program Manager - Robin Harwood. Robin can be contacted on 0439 722 425.